CoasterBuzz Podcast #209 - August 22, 2011
Download... | Length: 59:12 | Size: 27MB
| Downloads: 14020
posted by Jeff | Sunday, August 21, 2011, 11:44 PM | comments: 0
Jeff, Mike and Gonch review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Jeff gives a trip report for Silverwood, and it isn't very favorable.
- Iron Wolf being retired from Six Flags Great America.
- Zippin Pippin starts doing night rides, city has a huge success on its hands.
- Disney has a damn good quarter.
- So is the economy really as bad as the headlines would lead you to believe? Our bubbles don't indicate that.
- Legoland Florida is doing all of the right things prior to opening the park, now giving teachers annual passes. How did Hard Rock Park miss this boat?
- Off topic: Don't hate the pretties. Take care of yourself. Don't wait until you can't fit in a roller coaster. Jeff tells a Coke story, with extra sugar.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain's Deja Vu moving to Six Flags New England.
- Canada's Wonderland announces Leviathan, a 300+ foot B&M roller coaster. Jeff approves. Enthusiasts whine a little.
- Cedar Point announces fake dinosaur walk-through, retirement of Paddlewheel Excursions. Cedar Point fans are annoyed, especially if they have kids.
- Lightning strike at Discovery Cove sends some people to the hospital.
- Off-topic: Hot tennis players.
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World will be September 17, 2011. The registration deadline is approaching! Also, BooBuzz is Friday, October 7. Get the details!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Comments are closed.