CoasterBuzz Podcast #208 - August 1, 2011
Download... | Length: 1:00:15 | Size: 27MB
| Downloads: 13647
posted by Jeff | Sunday, July 31, 2011, 11:21 PM | comments: 0
Jeff, Carrie, Mike and Gonch review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Coasting For Kids at the Cedar Fair parks was a big success! We raised more than $62,000 this year.
- Ouimet says all the right things, and Gonch is in "like" during this dating phase.
- Jeff gives Windseeker a big thumbs up, really enjoyed the ride.
- Ed Markey ups rhetoric as family of Darien Lake accident victim mourns. When will this guy go away?
- Lawsuit delivered to Darien Lake over the fatality, not surprisingly.
- Harry Potter bonus hours offered to people who see the midnight showing of the final film at Universal Orlando. Excellent marketing effort!
- LA Times writer visits Kennywood, one of our favorites.
- California Adventure rehab continues, the entrance is done. Mike was there last weekend, says there are a lot of workarounds to get to stuff. Little Mermaid is his favorite ride.
- Geauga Lake Big Dipper: Yes, there are still interested parties.
- Mother claims discrimination against her daughter with Down Syndrome at Dorney, who was prohibited riding.
- Couple gets stuck on a slingshot ride in Dallas. Jeff wouldn't ride it. Mike wouldn't because he's cheap.
- Bad Illinois cop gets busted at Michigan's Adventure for being a drunk idiot.
- Six Flags posts excellent gains. So where is the bad economy? Carrie hit Six Flags America and Great Adventure.
- "Marriage is so gay" shirt causes great controversy at Dollywood.
- You can still donate to the Coasting For Kids 2011 effort! Help us raise money for Give Kids The World. Donate today!
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World will be September 17, 2011. Also, BooBuzz is Friday, October 7. Get the details!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Comments are closed.