CoasterBuzz Podcast #207 - July 11, 2011
Download... | Length: 1:01:51 | Size: 28MB
| Downloads: 13288
posted by Jeff | Monday, July 11, 2011, 12:39 AM | comments: 0
Jeff, Mike and Gonch review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Roller coaster safety with Patrick Warburton (the guy who does the intro on Disney's Soarin', among other things).
- Goofy's Sky School panned at Disney's California Adventure. Gonch suggests that people who enjoy something too much actually end up complaining more than enjoying.
- Dania Beach Hurricane might get a new lease on life at Zoo Miami.
- Movie news: Matterhorn and Transformers.
- Legoland Florida announces schedule, will be closed a few days a week, with short hours.
- Green Lantern opens up at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Discussion revolves around capacity.
- Latest Walt Disney World rumor among the geeks is that the company wants to sell a stake in the parks. Doesn't make sense for an established park.
- Baboon loose in New Jersey, Six Flags Great Adventure says they're not sure if it belongs to them. The headline writes its own jokes.
- People busted for selling fake Cedar Point tickets. Happened in Gonch's shady neighborhood.
- Worker dies despite fall protection on Magical Midway's Star Flyer.
- Kennywood announces a holiday lighting event. Questionable given Pittsburgh winters, but a good idea if they can pull it off in the long term. Too mad Kings Island wasn't able to continue theirs.
- Ouimet makes first comments as new Cedar Fair president at annual meeting. Jeff doesn't think we'll see impact from new leadership until next year.
- Boy dies in or near Knoebels pool. No clear reason for death yet.
- Family of girl who fell from Morey's Ferris wheel sues the park. The recurring theme: Should a park have to protect you from yourself? Mike points out flaws in height used to determine age and maturity measure.
- Universal Orlando allegedly being sued for using an unlicensed font in Harry Potter merchandise.
- FunSpot USA opens up its spinning mouse roller coaster from Cypress Gardens.
- Quassy getting a lot of press for Wooden Warrior. The dynamics of those Timberliner trains probably contribute to the awesomeness.
- Man without legs ejected from Ride of Steel at Darien Lake, died. Lots of questions about why he was allowed to ride something that restrains by the legs.
- Coasting For Kids 2011 is go at Cedar Fair parks! Help us raise money for Give Kids The World. Register or donate today!
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World will be September 17, 2011. Also, BooBuzz is Friday, October 7. Get the details!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Comments are closed.