CoasterBuzz Podcast #206 - June 27, 2011
Download... | Length: 1:05:18 | Size: 30MB
| Downloads: 13479
posted by Jeff | Sunday, June 26, 2011, 11:38 PM | comments: 0
Jeff, Mike and Gonch review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- What are the reasonable expectations for avoiding injuries at amusement parks? A court says you can't assume anything, and you can sue.
- Orlando parks up their gate prices again, now around $85. Gonch wonders if Disney will add a fifth park at some point. Biggest rises were in multi-day tickets.
- Jersey recommends dual occupancy and bigger height requirement for Ferris wheels.
- What's up with new rides not opening in time?
- Fuji-Q opening what they call the steepest roller coaster, a Gerstlauer ride.
- Cedar Fair annoyed by Q Investment lawsuits. I think we all are at this point.
- Former Disney guy, Matthew Ouimet, named to the president and eventual CEO position at Cedar Fair. Jeff has a wishlist for what he'd like to see him do.
- Kennywood's Pitt Fall is up for sale. What's next for them?
- Attendance stories for 2010, Universal Orlando wins big, of course.
- Chicago's Riverview remembered, remnants found.
- Disneyland grad night will move to California Adventure in 2013.
- Zippin Pippin brings in 45% more revenue.
- Al Weiss retiring after a staggeringly long career with Disney, mostly at Walt Disney World.
- Check out Richard's photos from North Korea.
- Coasting For Kids 2011 is go at Cedar Fair parks! Help us raise money for Give Kids The World. Register or donate today!
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World will be September 17, 2011. Also, BooBuzz is Friday, October 7. Get the details!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Comments are closed.