CoasterBuzz Podcast #204 - May 16, 2011
Download... | Length: 1:00:29 | Size: 28MB
| Downloads: 13970
posted by Jeff | Sunday, May 15, 2011, 11:50 PM | comments: 0
Jeff, Carrie, Mike and Gonch review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- It has been awhile. Not everyone is feeling it.
- Jeff says Q Funding and their lawsuits against Cedar Fair is like that guy who always complains at city council meetings about stuff that he has nothing to do with.
- Meanwhile, the testimony of Dick Kinzel and Jack Falfas shows that Falfas didn't resign, and wasn't fired. We find it unbelievable that adults act like this, in a public company, and that the board does nothing about it.
- Kentucky Kingdom next year? The mayor wants to issue bonds to help finance the reopening, but has anyone asked if the park even has a future?
- Comcast says it will decide if it wants to buy Blackstone's stake in Universal Orlando. Why would they not?
- Six Flags planning to split stock, and pay a dividend. Current market cap is over $2 billion. That seems a bit high.
- I-Walk trademark suit. Isn't that Steve Jobs' walk? It's a stupid name.
- American Eagle turns 30 at Six Flags Great America.
- Speaking of, a guy showed up at the park packing heat, and he was arrested because you can't conceal-carry in Illinois. Someone commented he was a thug.
- We could do a podcast about stupid people. Or politics.
- Blackpool doesn't allow outside food. Gasp! Stilly British press.
- Gonch enjoys perks, even warm tap water. American Express has a lounge at Universal Studios Florida. Who spends time in the airport "presidential club" stuff?
- Disney attendance is up, but room bookings down slightly. We're surprised, because they seemed to have always kept the price at right point to keep the rooms full.
- Mike is headed to Disneyland this summer. Jeff is going to wait until next year, when California Adventure is "done." Little Mermaid dark ride is regularly featured on the Disney Parks Blog.
- Gonch's secret to getting kids used to theme parks: Start taking them early and often.
- Universal Orlando CityWalk is building a mini-golf, and Jeff is excited.
- Please get your club memberships in right away for the June events!
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World will be September 17, 2011... save the date!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Comments are closed.