CoasterBuzz Podcast #202 - March 21, 2011
Download... | Length: 59:39 | Size: 27MB
| Downloads: 13858
posted by Jeff | Sunday, March 20, 2011, 11:49 PM | comments: 0
Jeff and Gonch review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- We sadly say goodbye to a very well-known roller coaster enthusiast. You can remember Moosh by giving to the Lymphoma Research Foundation.
- Another bust in Orlando for second hand theme park tickets. In theory they don't work because of biometrics associated with the tickets, but how can there even be a secondary market?
- Burke and Story can't wait to run a park again. Get the popcorn, we're ready to watch!
- The jokes around "Festival Tennessee" start coming almost as soon as it was announced. Gonch gives the project no chance of becoming a reality.
- Playland needs a new future. Jeff gets on his soapbox about the dogmatic assertion that government shouldn't be in the business.
- Plans approved for a giant Ferris Wheel in Las Vegas. The whole city is in a weird state right now, with half-finished stuff.
- Meanwhile, the Sahara is going to close in May, apparently without buyers or hope. No word on what happens to Speed. Jeff wonders if he can find the time to visit Adventure Dome next month when he's in town, for the credit.
- The Dells worker who dropped a girl 100 feet is convicted of a felony, but we're generally of the opinion that it's problematic for it to be a crime to do your minimum wage job wrong. It was a tragedy, but that's a different issue from whether or not there was a crime. We still think it's a problem with the ride design.
- MouseZoom soft-launches for fans of Walt Disney World. The site features full-screen, detailed photographs, and a new forum. Go check it out!
- Disney's CFO says high gas prices are not going to seriously impact its theme park business.
- Tokyo Disney properties closed following tragic quake and tsunami off the coast of Japan. Some guests were stranded at the park for awhile.
- Another maintenance worker dies at Animal Kingdom working on Primeval Whirl. We still can't understand how these accidents happen.
- Blackstone wants to sell its stake in Universal Orlando. Analysts are down on NBC-Universal Comcast buying it, but why wouldn't they?
- Q Funding is suing Cedar Fair again. Yawn.
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World will be September 17, 2011... save the date!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Comments are closed.