Download... | Length: 1:09:24 | Size: 31MB
| Downloads: 4561
posted by Jeff | Monday, August 10, 2009, 8:32 PM | comments: 0
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- It's results week at CoasterBuzz, and the results really suck. Disney took a hit, but they're still filling seats.
- Six Flags is bleeding all over the place, attendance, revenue, per cap... everything. When the gate is already being given away, what's left in terms of discounting?
- Cedar Fair doesn't have a pretty picture either, but at the very least, they've got extensions on their credit agreements, hopefully getting them to a friendlier environment.
- Disney is having a convention for their biggest fans. Isn't funny how some of them are the most critical and unfriendly types ever? It's cool though that companies are really reaching out to their biggest fans.
- Kalahari drowning sparks discussion about who is really responsible at the water park between lifeguards, parents and the public.
- Knott's Haunt draws hundreds of applicants. Gonch says he'd hate working that kind of job, but some people are fanatic about it.
- Bad guys in last year's Valleyfair beating get off with a slap on the wrist, and that angers people.
- Enthusiasts win contest to spend two months doing Orlando attractions in exchange for documenting it. Hooray!
- AquaQuest attraction opens at Schlitterbahn. Gonch says he's seen the MagiQuest things popping up. They did a similar thing at Epcot with a Kim Possible theme.
- CoasterBuzz Feed is now available! Check it out. Thanks to the CoasterBuzz Club members for testing it.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
- We're doing a big event with Cedar Point to raise money for Give Kids The World. Coasting For Kids marathon on Gemini happens on August 26. Your support is appreciated!
- New documentary film draw dotted line to SeaWorld and says it's partly their fault that dolphins are being slaughtered off the coast of Japan. Really?
- LED lighting at Kennywood is cool. The environmental angle gets more interesting as economy of scale makes it good business as well as good tree hugging. Mike gets really solid mileage in his Prius.
- New Orleans fascination with old Six Flags property still seems so silly while parts of the city are still in ruins.
- Article highlights the rich history of kid parks around the Chicago area. Mike shares his memories.
- BooBuzz 2009 details posted for Cedar Point!
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World promises to be a big deal. Register today!