Download... | Length: 58:38 | Size: 27MB
| Downloads: 13662
posted by Jeff | Sunday, April 17, 2011, 11:29 PM | comments: 0
Jeff and Gonch review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Coaster season is officially upon us.
- Intimidator 305 opens with a reprofiled first turn. Gonch and Jeff discuss the ups and downs of the love child of Millennium Force and Maverick.
- Cedar Fair drama continues with Q, and one side or the other has to be lying about the circumstances of Jack Falfas' departure.
- Aside: Comcast, you suck. Try delivering the bandwidth Jeff pays for.
- Merlin Entertainments has a good year, and expects another.
- The Tokyo Disney parks reopen after the earthquake, with some debate about how important that is.
- Vancouver's Playland has a Star Flyer in its future.
- Disney World monorail accident lawsuit is settled.
- MouseZoom soft-launches for fans of Walt Disney World. The site features full-screen, detailed photographs, and a new forum. Go check it out!
- Tilikum returns to performing at SeaWorld Orlando. The reaction generally falls into one of three categories.
- Merchandise sales push up to 20% of revenue, helped by new rides.
- SeaWorld Parks being sued for allegedly ripping off park designs. We don't buy it.
- PointBuzz has some construction photos of Windseeker. Check them out!
- Disney breaks ground on Shanghai park, opening in 2014. Isner says it'll be the best of Disney and China, implying that they'll get the culture this time.
- Kentucky Kingdom denied funding by city, now asking for substantially less.
- Dorney gets approval for another recycled ride, but so what? It's a nice park, and the water park is the focus. We love Talon.
- Cedar Fair is doing a series of events with Guinness World Record organization.
- New rides to watch this year: Texas Giant and Cheetah Hunt. Jeff says the latter will be the surprise hit of the year.
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World will be September 17, 2011... save the date!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.