Download... | Length: 1:11:48 | Size: 32MB
| Downloads: 6083
posted by Jeff | Monday, February 9, 2009, 7:22 PM | comments: 0
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Gonchar takes a big Disney World trip for the first time since 2001. It's a lot more crowded than he remembers. Jeff maintains they still manage crowds extremely well.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge was so-so for value. Jeff and Gonch have differing opinions about the Magical Express and car rentals, due to very different experiences.
- Does anyone just enjoy moments anymore, or is everyone too concerned with documenting the entire thing digitally, seeing the experience only through the lens?
- Gonch missed out on the dining plan and paid dearly for it.
- Aquariums are cool. Alton Towers is smart to build one.
- Disney and new interactive experiences: Gonch's family does the Kim Possible missions.
- Sally Corp. lets go of some people. What's with all dark rides being shooters?
- Universal Orlando gets "free" time during Super Bowl, and the ad was terrible. Remember the workaholic ads?
- With the ninth anniversary of CoasterBuzz, Jeff is wondering if anyone would come to a tenth anniversary party next January 30.
- Ohio governor wants to extend school year, so what would that do to tourism and amusement parks?
- Seasonal jobs in surprisingly high demand at parks everywhere. CP drops bonus program entirely.
- Disney hurting because of crappy DVD sales, but the parks only take a 5% attendance hit.
- Busch halts the Dubai project, but Jeff thinks it's part of the bigger cap ex freeze as everything is being audited and documented throughout the chain.
- Has Small World been bastardized at Disneyland with characters?
- The world needs more big Ferris wheels.
- We appreciate your support of CoasterBuzz by joining the club. It's still just $20 per year.