Download... | Length: 57:30 | Size: 26MB
| Downloads: 5770
posted by Jeff | Monday, January 12, 2009, 7:29 PM | comments: 0
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Hard Rock Park keeps on failing, now Chapter 7. Change the damn street names! Gonch got his RPM credit, and that's what counts. The show on Discovery Science was fun.
- In-train audio on coasters, it's so trendy.
- Jeff has the soundtrack to Medieval Times.
- The Lord Gonchar Flower Power Hour. No thanks.
- Michigan project sounding more like a pipe dream than ever. Deadline is approaching.
- Disney in Shanghai a myth so far, but it makes sense to build there.
- Jeff is excited about Diamondback, but at this point, how many of us get excited about new rides anymore? Is that why enthusiasts have lost interest?
- Premier Rides is going to build a Mummy ride for Universal Singapore. Someone claiming to rep the park says the PR wasn't authorized. Oh the drama!
- Gonch says Orlando pricing is predicated on multi-day "deals," but what happens then at SeaWorld?
- Holiday events have become a very big deal in Orlando. Mike mistakenly refers to the Osborne Family Christmas lights at Disney as "just Christmas lights." Silly boy.
- Silly hacker gets probation for trashing the Six Flags job Web site. Aside: Someone messed with MacRumor's site during the Apple product announcement last week. Hilarity ensues.
- No more free beer at the Busch parks. Speaking of beer, we all mist BeastBuzz. Those were good times.
- Thor Equities wants to buy more property around Coney Island. Apparently they want to go to battle even more with the mayor.
- Beating victim suing Six Flags Over Georgia for park not intervening. Should be interesting to hear more facts around the case.
- Magic Kingdom's Space Mountain is closing for some rehab, for the majority of the summer. Is this the end of the inline seating? Jeff hopes not. Mike just wants to keep the flying cookies.
- Puppy loving group accuses Six Flags Discovery Kingdom of kicking puppies. Actually, not caring for elephants well.
- We appreciate your support of CoasterBuzz by joining the club. It's still just $20 per year.