Download... | Length: 53:58 | Size: 24MB
| Downloads: 5840
posted by Jeff | Monday, October 27, 2008, 5:14 PM | comments: 0
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Gonch could care less about people protesting the Six Flags Over Texas alcohol permit. Jeff finds it funny that a 12-year-old is in any position to protest it.
- Thorpe Park announces a Saw-themed roller coaster. Is this a good idea?
- There's a spider, and it's dramatic.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain announces a wood coaster called Terminator. Theme hilarity ensues.
- Medusa at Six Flags Great Adventure is getting a face lift too. These "re-imaginings" for rides that were already good are silly. X2 was a special case because of the poor reputation it had.
- Joyland vandalized and for sale to anyone who will buy it. Video was pretty sad.
- Feature on Universal Orlando's Bloody Mary pretty interesting. Gonch wonders if the detail is lost on most people, but Jeff argues that the aggregate detail leaves an impression.
- Disney's California Adventure is a good example of how the lack of aggregate detail can fail to capture imagination. The new classic theme is intended to up the park's game.
- Nick Universe at Mall of America has a nearly tragic accident as kid climbs fence.
- A woman wants to sue Disney for not allowing her to ride Tower of Terror over and over. Article suggests the woman was being an irate bastard to people.
- Transformers coming to Singapore and Hollywood Universal parks. Gonch was into D&D and pro wrestling, but Jeff's excited about the license.
- Euro Disney flirting with... gasp!... profitability!
- Fair worker killed by an Inverter. Jeff isn't surprised, as he shot this video in 1994.
- Analysts down on Disney. Do you have to be a genius to know that everyone is down for the foreseeable future?
- Cedar Fair maintains its quarterly distribution, which feels good.
- Universal Orlando busting underage drinkers at Halloween Horror Nights. Why would anyone be surprised? They get busted and they can lose their license to sell alcohol..
- Jeff will park in the parking structure for the first time ever at Universal, because for three years his visits have all been on-property.
- Paralympian denied water slide ride. Human factors have to be considered in things like this, and it's hard to balance that with the sensitivity component.
- Celebration City closes. Gonch thought it was a pretty cool park. Why do enthusiasts almost not care at all?